Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Day I Bought a Stranger a Coke


Although I know that this is a photography blog, I had to document my most recent social experiment, given by my awesome Business Writing professor, Shayne Clarke (not spelled S-H-A-N-E!).

My Professor challenged our class to make a blog post this week about buying a stranger a coke. In true fashion, at 11:10 p.m. last night, I headed to Chevron to purchase a coke to give to a stranger. As luck would have it, the only person within eye distance was the cashier, whose name is Josh. I asked him if he liked Coca-Cola, and he confusingly replied that he did. I then asked if I could purchase a coke, and then give it to him. His response was -

"Wait - is your professor that falconry guy?"

Turns out the guy that I bought the coke for, named Josh, had taken Professor Clarke's Business Writing class two years ago, where he was given the same exact assignment.

Shayne, you will be happy to know that Josh informed me that he still blogs in the blog that he started in your class two years ago. Happy Monday, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! What luck to find a former student. And he still blogs. See? BYU is true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photographs. I know one of the guys from high school!
    Great post too.

    ReplyDelete